Monday, August 29, 2011

Vinyl Record Bangles Revisitted

 I have been fighting the idea of leaving my record bangles plain because i just feel they lack substance without some eye garnish :P I was using lace and button or silver silhouette details to add some context to them, but have recently tried my hand at engraving them with an electric engraver.
 While the engraving was fairly successful on the flat records, once bent up it bent out leaving only the deepest enravings visible.
My next step is to send some flat ready cut record pieces (of wich i now have stacks) to a professional hand engraver to see if by our skills combined we can make some beautiful bangles.
I also noticed recently that it was common for Victorian cuffs or bangles to be made in pairs, and think this approach might suit the vinyl cuffs- especially in that i have always considered them to reference old fashioned sleeve cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment