Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Green at Artisan


For the “Green” exhibition at artisan the briefing allowed for much personal interpretation as it could mean environmental awareness, recycling, the colour green, etc.
My use of vinyl records is re/Upcycling and although I have yet to find the correct wording to describe it, I do still consider the use of past references as some sort imagery recycling or aesthetic recycling, where the actual objects referenced are no longer used for their original purpose, but can be re-approached for their “look”.
I had not made a pair of earrings in quite a while and so decided to do so, which ended up suiting my references well as I looked at 19th century frames and key holes: both functional objects, but in their time no less deserving of exquisite detail.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment