Thursday, May 12, 2011

Arrow Exhibition on the art of Vetkat Regopstaan Kruiper

Because my mind is in the 19th Century, I am combining this design with that of my own work. The image i have chosen to use is arguably a protea/cabbage of sorts/shrub/ as i interperet, a sort "tumble-weed".

The late artist who drew the image is from a setting familiar to me: the Kalahari Desert. Which after running away with itself, my imagination allowed to transform into its own version of the "Wild Wild West". The Bushmen or San, in this instance, being the "other" whose roll was previously filled by the Native American Indians.

In any case, I have decided to make a neck piece, possibly a choker, using a copper etched and enamelled pendant set in a silver frame for which i am using 19th century mirrors as reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment